In 2014 the Founder of SEAfrica, Peter Sibeko had a vision to help build and sustain the entertainment industry. He realised that the only way to grow the creative sector, was through collaboration, and by treating all forms of entertainment as a business.
This was the birth of the SEAfrica Conference or Showbiz Entertainment Africa Conference which is the only event in Africa dedicated to the development and growth of the industry. With exhibitions, workshops and networking sessions, it is the ultimate business meeting place for talent, managers, entrepreneurs, business and other role players in the entertainment industry to stay ahead of the dynamic and ever changing industry.
“Come to this conference because you will not complain about where to find relevant information. I endorse it.”
– Yvonne Chaka Chaka
This is a story about a man with passion and this passion has culminated into partnerships with Metro FM, Joburg Theatre, The City of Joburg, South African Tourism, AIRCO, Soul Providers and Waka Agency, as well as the Conference being included in the International Arts Alive Festival programme.
If this story isn’t enough to entice you, this year’s line up alone boasts some of the biggest movers and shakers within the entertainment industry space.
For only R290 attendees will have access to the full two day Conference plus all exhibitor stands.
Day one takes place on the 26th of September 2018 and includes the following programme
• Funding for Local Entertainment Projects – brought to you by Joburg Theatre: panel discussion with Marcus Desando (CEO: ACT), Makhaola Ndebele (Joburg City Theatres) , Commisioning Editor (SABC), Greg Maqoma (Vuyani Dance).
• How Blockchain is Changing the Industry with Rohan Isaacs (Director of Norton Rose).
• Connecting Industry & Corporate Business with Sibusiso Nkosi (Saica ED)
• Deconstructing the African Music Business with a Multimedia Presentation with Simukayi Mukuna (Flightmode Digital), featuring Black Coffee on Video
Day two which is on the 27th of Septemebr 2018 includes
• A keynote talk about The Role Of Cultural Investment In Stimulating Economic Growth In South African Cities with Vuyisile Mshudulu (City of Joburg: Director Arts, Culture & Heritage)
• Nurturing Pan African Talent with Rosie Motene (Waka Agency)
• Marketing and PR – Today! Hosted by Marang Setshwaelo (Dreamcatcher) and Bronwen Hirshowitz (B Sharp Entertainment) with guests, Julio Garcia (Garcia Media) and Bokang Mabiletsa (Mind Interactive).
• SA’s Independent Disruptive Music Business Models a Symposium with Stanley Khoza (Aico) and guests.
• Mastering Radio’s On-Air Image
• The Growth and Future of African Comedy with David Kau (Kau Productions), Donovan Goliath (Goliath & Goliath), Nina Hastie (Trending SA TV show) and Takunda Bimha (Johannesburg International Comedy Festival).
This is the 4th SEAfrica Conference and takes place at Joburg Theatre on the 26th and 27th of September 2018.
Any business or individual looking to exhibit their product or service can do so by emailing Nhlanhla Ncwana on email@example.com or call +2710 110 7560
Conference ticket price
Only R290 (for the two days)
Free entry – Register online
Click here or contact the help desk on 0861 670 670
Sponsors / Partners
Interested in getting involved as a sponsor or partner, call: +27 72 269 5211
*Please note that this is not the full programme and is subject to change.